My work with hypnosis is an outgrowth of my lifelong interest in philosophy and in the power of the mind to affect and shape reality. The cross-fertilization of philosophy and hypnosis, particularly in the relationship between philosophical perspectivism and hypnotic reframing, is of ongoing interest to me both in terms of my practice and in my writing.
My perspective on hypnotherapy is that it is a method to help balance the analytical and self-conscious processes of the conscious mind with the subjective and conditioned processes of the subconscious mind. Conflicts and blockages can develop within and between both mental spheres, and the ultimate goal is to achieve a graceful harmony between them. This is as true for batting slumps and golfing woes as it is for overeating, anxiety, blocks that prevent peak performance.
Author of Ethical Empowerment: Virtue Beyond the Paradigms (2014)
Available in hardcover, paperback and ebook editions, and may be purchased on Amazon.com and other online retailers.
Credentials & Qualifications
My career as a hypnotherapist is an outgrowth of my passion for philosophy. Interconnections between hypnosis and philosophy are apparent. Hypnotherapy is a means to resolve conflicts between the subconscious and conscious minds. In this way, hypnotherapy is a practical application of philosophy: hypnotherapy addressed the issues of subconscious belief, and philosophy addressed conscious belief. The removal of mental blocks and barriers require both untangling conflicts and barriers between and within each mental sphere.
- Undergraduate work at American University
- Graduate studies in philosophy including work at Indiana University, Boston University and additional dissertative work through a comprehensive online program of self-directed and independent study.
- My unpublished work includes Objective Ethics: An Essay Concerning Criteria for Moral Decision and a doctoral dissertation, Perspective as Philosophical Method: A Treatise on Pluralism and Perspectivism. These writings represent a development of my thought over many years concerning the fundamental basis of moral unity within pluralism and the diversity of values.
- National Guild of Hypnotists, certified hypnotherapist
- American Board of Clinical Hypnotherapy, certified hypnotherapist
- New England Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy, certified hypnotherapist, clinical hypnotherapist
- Washington School of Clinical and Advanced Hypnosis, Ericksonian Hypnotism Certification
- NLP practitioner training
- Bad habit correction
- Mental blocks
- Motivation and Confidence
- Performance issues
- Stress Management
- Weight Loss